“Commu Service” or “Service” means the digital application offered by Commu to natural and legal persons, the Commu website (commuapp.fi) and other related services offered by Commu.
- a) Seven (7) days have passed since the change; or
By registering to the Commu, you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document and undertake to comply with the terms and conditions set out below.
- You are at least 13 years old
- The information you provide is correct and accurate
- You understand that you, and only you, are fully responsible for your account, the content on it and the activity that occurs through it.
- You understand that you are responsible for keeping your account secure. You are responsible for ensuring that your password is strong enough, that other people do not have access to your device or email, etc.
- If harmful or damaging activities are carried out through your account, we may hold you liable for them.
- You understand that you may have only one user account.
Registering on the Commu Service under a false name or with an email that is not your personal email is prohibited.
Interaction with other users
You are responsible for your interactions with other Users, whether online or face-to-face. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Users.
You agree to comply with the Community Guidelines in force at any given time and the rules for dealing with users set out therein.
You acknowledge that Commu does not verify the actual identity of Users or the content that Users add to the Commu and that Commu has no obligation or ability to guarantee that another User is what he or she says he or she is. Commu shall not be liable for any damage caused by third parties, such as other Users, posting content to the Commu or using such content. You understand that the information about Users provided by Commu is for your decision-making purposes only and is not a promise or guarantee of anything.
You agree to indemnify Commu against any liability or damage arising from the User’s (including your) conduct while using the Commu Service. The previously mentioned freedom of responsibilities includes any type of direct, indirect, special and/or incidental and other similar damages, including economic loss, property damage, physical injury, emotional distress and/or other damages that may result from communications, dealings, contracts or other conduct with other Users or other persons you encounter while using the Commu Service.
Please note that you may still have the right to request evidence from Commu in such a situation. For more information, see the section on Responsibilities, Rights and Obligations.
User responsibility for personal data
You agree that the information you provide about yourself is up-to-date, truthful and does not contain offensive or illegal material. Illegal material includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright.
Making notices in the Commu
By creating a notice, you agree that the information you provide is accurate and truthful, in the right category, of the right type and not misleading. You agree that your notices are current, that you are willing to receive communications from users in relation to your notice and that you are willing to provide or receive the service specified in the notice. When you create a notice, you must be aware of the Community Guidelines in force at the time and you undertake that you will not breach these rules and that your notice will not contain any of the prohibited topics mentioned in the Community guidelines. The content must not contain copyrighted material that you are not authorized to distribute in a forward facing manner.
Commu users are responsible for all posts that he / she makes. Commu does not take responsibility for the content of the posts or messages.
Violation of these terms may result in the deletion of your notice and/or the closure of your account.
Operating under the organisation’s account
Commu allows users to belong to one or more organisations. Among other things, this allows users to give themselves a different nickname and image when working under an organisation. The notices created in this way will also be displayed differently.
Membership of an organisation is voluntary for the user and by joining and operating under an organisation, the user accepts that the administrators of the organisation can see their information in their Commu profile, their usage history under the name of the organisation account and the notices they create under the organisation. The user accepts that the intellectual property rights to the content created by him/her under his/her organisation account are owned by the organisation, not by the user himself/herself. The exception to this is conversations that the user has in the application, to which the organisation does not have rights. However, the user can transfer the ownership of his/her notice to another user within the same organisation. In this case, the conversations previously held will also be transferred to the new owner. However, the user is not relieved of his/her obligations and responsibilities, even if he/she is operating under an organisation and the content created is owned by the organisation.
Responsibilities, rights and obligations
You understand and accept the following:
- Finland has freedom of contract. This means that what another user agrees with you can be interpreted under Finnish law as a contract between you and the other user or users. The matter agreed upon may give rise to a legal action under Finnish law relating to the contract
- Commu is not responsible in any way for contracts between users and is not a party to any contract. Commu shall have no liability for compensation, indemnification or contribution in the event of any dispute.
- You have the right to request evidence from Commu, if necessary, to resolve your dispute. The right of access applies only to information to which the user is a party. Commu reserves the right to determine what information is disclosed to users. Commu is obliged to process a request for information within 30 days of receipt of the request.
- Commu is not responsible for the quality of the work and is not liable for any damages.
- The notice creator is responsible for
- The legality of the notice
- That the notice does not infringe copyright
- Providing services to another user as agreed
- The notice creator has the right to
- Edit or delete a notification
- Promote your own notice in other media.
- The person responding to a notice is responsible for
- Provision of services as agreed
- On the veracity of their messages
- That the messages do not infringe copyright
- The person responding to a notice has right to
- see the messages you have visited
- Commu has the right to keep the data related to notifications and discussions even after editing or deleting them.
- The user is fully responsible for his/her own tax affairs if he/she derives any benefit from the service that is considered taxable by the tax authorities. The User is also responsible for complying with the laws relating to employment and remuneration.
Service interruptions and technical failures
Commu has a right to lock or delete any account based on just a suspicion that this contract has been broken.
Disputes between users
Users are encouraged to resolve disputes between themselves, preferably through mutual negotiation. Users are aware that the resolution of disputes between users is entirely the responsibility of the users. Commu is not a party to any dispute between users. However, Commu may, if necessary, contribute to the resolution of a dispute by providing information about the content of the notice or discussions in order to help resolve the dispute. You understand, however, that Commu is not responsible for resolving disputes or facilitating resolution.
Commu shall not be liable as a third party for any costs, such as legal fees and other legal costs, incurred in the event of a dispute between users.
Duration and termination
Commu may at any time and for any reason discontinue providing the Commu Service, permanently or temporarily. In the event of suspension or termination of the provision of the Service, the User shall no longer have the right to use the Service.
Intellectual property rights
Commu will have full access to all material that you, as a user, upload to the application. As a user, you must accept the possibility that your public data may also be re-used. Public data refers here to data that can be accessed by other users in the application without your active participation.
Commu will not use your information or material for resale purposes. As a user, you also retain the intellectual property rights in the materials.
If you wish to use the Commu logo or other similar brand or image-related material, you must first contact us and request permission to use it. However, you may share screenshots from the app without permission.
Commu acts as a data controller within the meaning of the Personal Data Act. To the extent required to use the Service, Commu may collect and process the User’s personal data.
Applicable law and disputes with Commu
This agreement was originally drafted in Finnish. If any translated version of this Agreement conflicts with the Finnish version, the Finnish version shall prevail.
You agree to comply with all local, regional and national laws, ordinances, rules and regulations when using the Commu Service.